Here are some things we learned:
- Aoife uses chopsticks and a spoon to eat her dinner. She showed us how to use chopsticks. She likes noodles.
- She lived in the countryside in China - there were shops nearby and sometimes, markets.
- She saw a skyscraper when she visited the city.
- She didn't wear a school uniform in China but they did wear a red tie.
- The children sit with their hands crossed in front of them at school.
- She can speak Chinese - we learned how to say 'hello', 'goodbye' and 'thank you'.
- She talked to us about the Chinese New Year, a big celebration in China...and about dragons and lanterns. They decorate lanterns with pictures.
- We learned that they don't celebrate Halloween, Christmas or Easter in China.
- She talked to us about the Chinese flag - it is red with 5 yellow stars.
- She never saw a giant panda or a red panda although they live in China.
Thank you Aoife for being so kind and coming to talk to us and Georgina for coming along too!!